6.06.2016

Presenting Poetry, June Edition




Hello!
 I know this post is 2 days  late, and I apologize.  I have been sick for the last week, so I haven't been able to focus on much lately except getting better, and learning (again) that life usually doesn't go how you want it to. I know you understand. God has much better plans in mind for us! ;)
Anyway, on to  the post, which is Presenting Poetry, since it's the first post of the month again. I can't believe we're a week into June already!  This month's poem is titled "A Humble Heart".





A Humble Heart

I would not ask Thee that my days
Should flow smoothly on and on,
Lest I learn to love the world
Too well, ere all my time is done.

I would not ask Thee that my work
Should never bring me pain or fear,
Lest I should learn to work alone
And never wish Thy presence near.

I would not ask Thee that my friends,
Should always kind and constant be
Lest I learn to lay my faith 
In them alone and not in Thee.

But I would ask a humble heart
A changeless will  to work and wake,
A firm faith in Thy providence
The rest- 'tis Thine to give or take. 

~Alfred Norris 






I'm not exactly sure what drew me to this poem (maybe since I just did a post on humility), but I really like it. We often forget and make other things (good days, good work, good friends) more important than God in our lives. When we ask Him for  humble hearts to do His will, those things will often come with it! It takes time, but learning to do God's will above your own in important. Yes, my mind is still  rather scattered today, so these are my very short thoughts on this poem
Maybe my thoughts aren't  exactly what you got from this poem, but however you read it, I think it's definitely one to remember and think about.
 Comment below-- What are your thoughts about this poem?

I also have another link to share for another giveaway for a Kindle and ebooks. Click here!



Thanks for reading!
//Emily





Share with the world:

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful poem! Those words are definitely something I need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hannah! I really appreciated it too.

      Delete
  2. I hope you feel better soon. I have been getting allergies and always feel like I am a little sick. I like the poem. It's very heart felt and conveys a good message.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Vanessa! With a large family it's hard to keep everyone from getting sick at the same time, but we're almost better. :D I'm so glad you liked the poem!

      Delete
  3. Wonderful poem! God has blessed you with such a beautiful gift!

    -Abi-
    http://authorofmyhope11.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Abi! Just to clarify, I didn't write this one, just what I thought about it. ;) The poems on my other blog, however, I did write. :)
      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  4. I'm glad your feeling a little better!!!! That is a great poem!! You have a gift!! :D

    http://thecountrygurl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kiley! I liked the poem a lot too. I actually don't write the ones I use for Presenting Poetry each month (including this one), but I do have poems I have written on my other writing blog. :)

      Delete
  5. Beautiful poem, Emily! =) It's definitely so opposite to what the average person asks for in their prayers. We want to have perfect friends, perfect health, and a perfect life. And the times when things don't work out the way we want them to, we blame God - instead of realizing that He is giving us the chance to lean on Him more fully! A hard lesson indeed. =)

    Thanks for sharing, Emily! Get better soon! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Hosanna! I always enjoy reading your comments. =) You basically summed up what I was getting at. ;)
      Thanks for your comment. I hope to get well soon!

      Delete

hi there, and thanks so much for leaving a comment! thoughts about what you read here make my day and I respond to each one. please keep your words kind and respectful to other readers and to our Lord- and thank you for taking the time to read. xx

 
blog Design by Beautifully Chaotic. Blog Content © 2017 by A Purpose and A Promise