2.09.2016

The Value of a Minute



Hello! I hope everyone is having a wonderful Tuesday morning! I have to remind myself every day as soon as I get up that each new day is a gift from God, and that it is our responsibility to use it for His glory. Aren't you thankful that every day His mercies are new? I sure am, for as often as I mess up, I surely need it!

I recently read this little poem, and I thought that it was a wonderful reminder that our days are numbered, and that we should use each year, month, week, day, minute, and second for the glory of God. And I need the reminder as much as anyone! 




I have only just a minute,
Only sixty seconds in it.

Forced upon me, can't refuse it.
Didn't seek it, didn't choose it.
But it's up to me
to use it.

I must suffer if I lose it.
Give account if I abuse it.

Just a tiny little minute,
but eternity is in it.

Anonymous





Too often, I sit down to do something trivial  for "just a minute", which turns into "just a few minutes" which can lead to a lot of wasted time!
Often, the things we spend the most time on are not bad or evil, it's just that we spend too much time on them! 
Not every second of our lives has to be spent working, and it shouldn't, because even God rested on Sunday, when He had finished Creating. We just need to make sure that, whatever we're doing,  we're "doing it all for the Glory of God". (1 Corinthians 10:31b). 
So, let's go and use our minutes wisely for Him!




Share with the world:

5 comments:

  1. Great post Emily! It's definitely so easy to not be using our time wisely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure is! Half the reason I wrote it is to remind myself!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true! Most of my posts won't be just to help others in that area, but to help myself remember those things. (:

      Delete
  3. Oh Emily, that is such a good post! I really need that reminder right now...sometimes it feels like your day is so busy with "stuff" and you don't have time for anything else. =/ Maybe God wants me to get rid of some of the "stuff" and have more time to focus on Him! Even good things can take up your time and lead you to spend less time on the Great things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! As I said in Hannah's comment, I really needed to remind myself of this, and when you write it for others, it sometimes help you to remember it better! :)

    ReplyDelete

hi there, and thanks so much for leaving a comment! thoughts about what you read here make my day and I respond to each one. please keep your words kind and respectful to other readers and to our Lord- and thank you for taking the time to read. xx

 
blog Design by Beautifully Chaotic. Blog Content © 2017 by A Purpose and A Promise